Re: how users can change cpu frequency ?

On Tue, 2010-12-28 at 22:20 +0100, Boggiano wrote:
> I'd like to use the gnome applet instead of using command line and
> password.  My girlfriend needs to save power when she is away from her
> pc, and she is.... lazy! :)

In that case, wouldn't you want the computer to automatically scale the
CPU speed, rather than set it via any technique?

That's how my laptop's set up, it always runs at the slowest speed until
some intensive task comes along.  Though it's still running Fedora 9,
not the current release.

--
[tim@localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686