Re: How do I set up DHCP in order to upgrade the software on my router?

On Tue, 2010-12-28 at 17:10 +0000, Colin Paul Adams wrote:
> But then NetworkManager resets the ethernet port, and we go round and
> round (very slowly).

Where does NetworkManager usually get your address from?  Another DHCP
server on the LAN?  That might be a bit of a problem, in itself.

Try:
service NetworkManager stop
service network start

Then manually bring up your ethernet and tell it what address to use.
e.g. ifup eth0 192.168.1.1

... If I recall the last step correctly, there appears to be no help for
the ifup command, on my laptop.  Be certain to give it the IP address
suitable for your computer, not mine.

Otherwise, it'd be the ifconfig command you use to temporarily tell it
what address to use.

e.g. ifconfig eth0 192.168.1.1

--
[tim@localhost ~]$ uname -r