Re: F13: Firefox 3.6.13 seems flaky with thumb wheel?

On 12/28/2010 09:23 AM, Daniel B. Thurman wrote:
> On 12/28/2010 01:26 AM, Tim wrote:
>> On Mon, 2010-12-27 at 20:39 -0800, Daniel B. Thurman wrote:
>>> I noticed that F13, Firefox v3.6.13 seems to have
>>> trouble with the thumb-wheel as it is supposed to
>>> scroll the page up or down, but instead, changes
>>> to the previous or next page.  Does anyone have
>>> this problem?
>> Do you have a shift key stuck down?  The mouse wheel can do different
>> things with the browser, depending on the keyboard modifiers.
> Well, it is not a static issue, the problem is intermittent.  I do get
> page up/down but if you "flip" the wheel up or down quickly (fast
> scroll), then the page jumps - it is very annoying.  I cannot rely
> on the as of the last FF or something updated recently that affected
> the thumb-wheel behaviour.  I cannot put my finger on what the
> problem is... (pun intended)

Uh oh...

I guess it is not application specific...  in fact, I get this strange
behaviour
even with other applications that support panes and scrollbars.

If using Thunderbird, I notice that when I have an opened  email message,
moving the mouse over to the "All Folders" pane on the left column,
scrolling
down to the bottom of the list (has a scrollbar) and keep scrolling fast
(even
when there is no more to scroll), changes the focus from the "All
Folders" pane
the opened email message pane sometimes back.  It seems as if the mouse
driver is getting mixed events somehow.

How do I debug/resolve this sort of issue?