Fedora 14 desktop fails install at the very end of the process stating something like, "Can't mount /dev/mapper/hard-drive....."

Hi Everyone,

I am saddened that I can't install any Linux distro with ease on my HP m8530f computer which runs on a m2n78-la motherboard. It has a Phenom CPU, 6 SATA ports and probably a fakeRaid (at least that's what I guess is causing problem).

The Fedora 14 Desktop install goes all the way to the end and then I get a fail message due to not being able to mount /dev/mapper/xxxxx.

Can anyone please advise what steps I can take to remedy this issue or if you know of a particular version that works with this motherboard?

The motherboard only has SATA mode or disabled for HardDrive mode and no any other options. Seems like this is an HP custom made motherboard from Asus hence the limited options in Bios setup.

I was told to do this but I am not sure where to type "linux nodmraid" because I have clicking the Install button from the desktop and there is no option to type "linux nodmraid"

"Start your installation by hitting the tab key, then the space key once, then type and enter, linux nodmraid"

If any other solutions come to your mind or you can explain "nodmraid" please enlighten me.

Thanks a lot.