Re: firefox, scaled images, and performance?

On Mon, 27 Dec 2010 15:49:49 -0500
Tom Horsley wrote:

> I guess I'll try making
> a completely new user and see if the new user has the same
> problem.

Nope. I see it with a brand new, never before created user
as well. I get the impression that it doesn't cache anything
about the scaled image and has to recompute the whole thing
from scratch to do any kind of screen refresh. Dragging the
Save As dialog across the scaled image goes really jerky
and leaves trails that aren't refreshed for a long time.
Maybe I'll just search for a "don't scale by default"
about:config setting and turn that on...