Re: 2 Ethernet cabling question

Peter Boy:

On Mon, 2010-12-27 at 02:07 -0800, S Mathias wrote:
> have you ever tried on other frequency - channel?

I'd second that suggestion.

My wireless access point has an automatic channel selection option
that's supposed to automatically pick the best channel to use.  I don't
know how, but I'd suspect scan for busy channels, and avoid them.
However, it always picked the same channel, every time, the same one as
a neighbour's.

So, I manually forced a particular channel on it, instead, and that
improved things, no end.

This is a setting on the access point.  Generally, you don't need to do
anything on the client.  I think you'd only need to do that if you had
multiple access points, using the same SSI, as different nodes for the
same network.

--
[tim@localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686