Re: Thoughts of a user

On Sunday 26 December 2010 18:53:21 Joe Zeff wrote:
> On 12/26/2010 09:02 AM, Marko Vojinovic wrote:
> > 3) Gnome folks lack good taste for eye-candy :-D . If you try out just
> > the default KDE spin, you'll find a much more interesting environment
> > even by default, not to mention turning on desktop effects and such.
>
> I use Gnome.  The few times I tried KDE I found it garish.  And, I'm
> glad transparency isn't on by default; my eyesight is bad enough as it
> is, considering that I'm having a consult tomorrow to find out if I'm
> ready for cataract surgery.  Not everybody has the same needs, and
> Fedora is wise to have defaults that are usable by those of us with poor
> vision.

Of course, I agree, that's one of the reasons why eye-candy stuff should be
opt-in rather than opt-out. OTOH, I am lucky to have good eyesight, and I find
Gnome quite dull compared to KDE. And as it seemed that OP has a similar
opinion on Gnome, I suggested he tried KDE instead.

As you say, not everybody has the same needs. ;-)

> BTW, you'll be getting this twice because you have your Reply To header
> set.  Unless you really like getting double messages, you might want to
> correct that.

I'm aware of that, the reply-to is there for a purpose (deliberate e-mail
redundancy, don't ask...). Yes, I do get double messages (and filter them when
it is possible), and yes, I hate them, but in general sometimes it is better
to get a double message than not at all... ;-) You might also notice that the
reply-to address is different from the one I use to post on the list. That is
also deliberate.

Best, :-)
Marko