Re: bluetooth mouse suddenly stopped working

Le 26/12/2010 02:24, Darr a écrit :
> On Saturday, 25 December, 2010 @10:28 zulu, François Patte scribed:
>
>> Bonjour,
>>
>> I have a logitech V470 bluetooth mouse which did work fine up to
>> day....
>>
>> This morning, it no more works! Cells are OK.
>>
>> I tried hctool scan and it does not see the mouse, except if I press a
>> small button under the mouse on wich "connect" is written.
>>
>> But bluetooth cannot pair to the mouse.
>>
>> It seems that the use of hcitool disconnect the wifi...
>>
>> does anybody can give me some clue?
>

> I have a v470, and it *has* needed to be paired up again before.
> Did you 'remove' it from the bluetooth manager before you tried to pair it
> up again?
>
> If the BT icon isn't in the top panel by the clock, run
> $ bluetooth-properties
> Select the travel mouse and click Remove. OK the warning that you'll have to
> set it up again.
> Leave the preferences GUI open.
>
> Press the button on the bottom of the mouse. The blue LED on top should
> start blinking about once per second.
>
> Click the Setup new device button. Click Forward. You should now be able to
> select the travel mouse...
> Click the PIN Options, and select 0000. Click Close.
> Click Forward and your bluetooth adapter should pair up with the v470 again.
>
> Let us know how that worked for you.

Thank you for your answer. I tried to have my mouse working again using
the bluetooth applet, but it failed everytime...

At last, I used the command line: hidd --search and the mouse came back
to life for my computer!

Who can understand? Computers are very strange things....

Thanks again.

- --
François Patte
UFR de mathématiques et informatique