Re: OT: Math Teacher Tools worksheet generator

On 24/12/10 11:27, Antonio Olivares wrote:
> Dear Fellow Fedora Users,
>
>      Is there a way that one can do what the webpage do offline:
>
> http://www.mathteachertools.com/
>
> and instead of outputting to PDF, be able to look at a tex source file?
>
> I found a program called PmathGen 0.1.0 as source, but I don't know how to make it do the same?
>
> http://linux.softpedia.com/progDownload/PMathGen-Download-18843.html
>
> It would be nice, if one can get some ideas to make this work and generate worksheets for our students.  This way we can randomize the problems and students need to be able to show the work instead of just copying from their friends?
>
> I appreciate any input/advice/suggestions.
>
> Regards,
>
> Antonio
>
> [olivares@acer-aspire-1 ~]$ uname -r
> 2.6.34.7-63.fc13.i686
> [olivares@acer-aspire-1 ~]$ cat /etc/fedora-release
> Fedora release 13 (Goddard)

This is a long way from and well off topic for what you are talking
about but would it help to set up a Moodle site and doing it all  therein.
Work sheets can be printed individually and Moodle keeps track of who,
what, when and where for monitoring purposes.

My daughter set up a full year curriculum with work sheets for her
students for 3 curriculum topics to which the students submit their
individual work.
She can detect cheating, plagiarism and other anomalies quite easily.
Students can have their own work sheet with individual critique and help.
She wrote a series of help pages that students work through to gain
understanding while working on each assignment.
Roger