Window autoraise flaky in gnome shell

I'm using gnome shell for the desktop, I have my window preference to select a window when the mouse moves over it, and also enabled "Raise selected windows after an interval".

I find that, recently, as I've been updating and installing updates, this has gotten flaky. Occasionally, moving a mouse over the window selects it, but does not autoraise it after the specified delay. This stops and starts working randomly. When it stops working, pushing a key immediately autoraises the stuck window.

Wonder if it's ntp-related. I'll try turning off ntp and seeing if it makes any difference…