Re: quirk in F14 evolution

--- Patrick O'Callaghan <pocallaghan@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Wed, 2010-12-22 at 16:28 -0600, Aaron Konstam
> wrote:
> However, under F14 the junk
> > folder displays a number that represents the
> number of messages in the
> > junk folder when the program is started and the
> number does not change
> > when messages are deleted from the junk folder.
> Which leaves 2
> > questions:
> >
> > 1. Do others see the same behavior?
>
> Yes.

No. I am wondering if this has anything to do with the
type of mail server you are connecting to. At the moment
using IMAP I am not experiencing this at all. Could this
be a POP-related bug? I noticed a few quirks with another
user's POP3 account, but didn't have time to explore them.

Also, which junk box is behaving this way? The local
machine, the sync folders or a specific email account junk
box? Of those, if you do something weird like push a sent
item to it, does it also get added to the funny item
count?

> > 2. Can this behavior be changed so the junk folder
> behaves like other
> > folders?
>
> The Junk folder is not like other folders. It's a
> virtual folder like
> Trash, so I'm guessing the answer to your question
> is No. This is almost
> certainly a bug and you should maybe report it.
>
> poc

And on that note, is trash behaving that way for you as
well?

-Iwao