Re: About programing, a general question

On Thu, Dec 23, 2010 at 12:14 AM, Jerry Feldman <gaf@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Since I cowrote the Alpha assembler for Windows NT and Tru64 Unix. Most
of the RISC chips had a large number of general purpose registers. The
trick is to use them effectively. You can easily use one as a base
register and one as an index register. Octal and Hex are just shorthand
notations for expressing binary. In the early days of computing things
were not standardized. For instance, the DEC PGP-8 was a 12-bit machine.
Octal was much more convenient for PDP-8s. Systems based on the byte
generally use hex. I would expect that some of the new processors have
some form of virtualization manager. Can you see Intel chips with a
VMWare supervisor and AMD chips with a Microsoft Hyper V.

Guess, it is inside the 'Assembly language' talk!

--

Regards,
Parshwa Murdia