Re: enabling Bluetooth in Fedora

Am Montag, den 20.12.2010, 18:29 -0600 schrieb Ranjan Maitra:
> On Mon, 20 Dec 2010 18:18:32 -0600 Rick Stevens <ricks@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > On 12/20/2010 03:46 PM, Ranjan Maitra wrote:
> > > I am a complete novice in this so pardon the naivete of the question. I
> > > was wondering if there is an easy way to enable Bluetooth in F14. I
> > > have a Thinkpad T61 and a Dell Latitude 5400 laptop apiece, and my hope
> > > is to use the Bluetooth to use my GPRS phone as well as wireless mobile
> > > while I am traveling. The providers do not seem to be excited about
> > > Linux support.
> >
> > If you had a bluetooth dongle or something in your system when you
> > installed, it should already be enabled.  If you're using Gnome, look in
> > the right third of the top menu bar and you should see a bluetooth
> > symbol.  Right click on it and you can set things up.
> has suggestions.

LXDE does not yet have a bluetooth program but you can install
gnome-bluetooth and it works just fine as Rick described. Make sure the
gnome-bluetooth-applet is enabled in lxsession-edit so it gets loaded
when you login to LXDE. Then click on the icon, add your mobile and
follow the wizard. At the end it will ask you if you want to use your
mobile for dial-up and then start the wizard of network-manager.

Regards,
Christoph