Re: A very simple query

On Sun, Dec 19, 2010 at 8:17 PM, Robert G. (Doc) Savage <dsavage@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Parshwa,

Welcome to the fast-paced, ever-evolving world of Fedora. As you are
about to discover, Fedora doesn't really lend itself to hard copy books
for learning. If someone takes the trouble to write documentation
suitable for a book, submits it to a publisher, goes through a couple of
rounds of editing, proofs, and so on, almost a year will have passed. By
the time that book appears on store shelves, two newer major versions of
Fedora will have been released.

You will be far better off to download and install the current Fedora
14. Then browse http://docs.fedoraproject.org/ for documentation. Use
that documentation to learn as you go. You'll learn that most Fedora
utilities and applications have brief on-line manuals ("man pages").
Join a Linux User's Group (LUG). In 6-12 months you should learn enough
to install and use Fedora by yourself.

Again, welcome.

--Doc Savage

Thanks man. But in fact, I was already having the system with partly installed Fedora 11 and earlier I had some problems which I discussed too but the main thing is that I get less time to work on Fedora (which is apart from my job) but still I like this world of Fedora, yes always evolving!

--

Regards,
Parshwa Murdia