Re: About programing, a general question

On Sat, Dec 18, 2010 at 3:33 AM, Cameron Simpson <cs@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I would strongly recommend Python over C for learning to program.

The syntax is very clean and clear (unlike Perl, which is visually very
noisy); it is nearly like writing out and English language description
of your code and watching it run.

There are no fiddly memory management things (unlike C, where strings
are fixed length memory arrays, and there are many pitfalls).

The documentation is pretty good (see docs.python.org).

Of course later you will want to learn other things to do particular
things or just to use other paradigms.

I would not recommend Perl for learning. And I used to write a lot of Perl.

I do suggest you learn a little about the UNIX shell (bash, ksh, sh,
zsh; all dialects of the core scripting language "sh"); being able to
write simple pipelines and shell control structures (for loops, file
patterns etc) is very useful.

Cheers,
--
Cameron Simpson

So Python is really good and I was not wrong! But people suggested me C are not wrong as C is more close to the metal and the machine, that is for sure.

--

Regards,
Parshwa Murdia