Re: About programing, a general question

On 17 December 2010 10:24, Parshwa Murdia <b330bkn@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

So C is better then? If you compare with Python, which is better place to start with?

Python is a better start.

It's very hard to say whether one programming language is better than another.  I've written stuff in, oh, I can't remember how many languages, but I couldn't say "C is better than Cobol" or "Fortran is better than Forth" or "Prolog is better than PHP", they just don't stand that kind of comparison.   However, some languages stand out as being good for a beginning programmer: Algol68 (well, that's what I learned first, I'm fond of it, but it's long gone really), CLU (ditto), Java and Python.   For ease of access, I'd come down to Python, it's available everywhere and it's very easy to start.  There's a good tutorial on python.org as well.

jch