Re: About programing, a general question

On Fri, Dec 17, 2010 at 12:12 AM, Marko Vojinovic <vvmarko@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Mastering C essentially means mastering procedural programming in general. The
two next conceptually different things you want to learn are object-oriented
programming (say, C++), and functional programming (say, lisp or prolog).

After that you can say you've seen it all, and every other language you come
across will just be one of these three things, in a new syntax (and it's own
quirks).

Yes sure, but I am confused only in three of the languages - Python (people say easier than 'C') bash if Linux is the case (as my future intention is to learn Linux) or C (the very basic). I know though, the basic principles remain the same for any programing language.

Every other language eventually gets translated into an executable ("binary")
code before being executed on a machine. This is the purpose of a compiler ---
it takes the source code written in some language and translates it to set of
instructions for the processor (an executable). The assembly language is
basically a human-readable form of this, and represents the lowest level of
understanding of how any computer program actually works. The only thing
beyond this is just hardware.

Of course, assembly is so low level that it is completely unusable for
anything other than conceptual understanding (and reverse engineering :-) ).
Today everybody uses one of the higher languages which are much more
expressive (in human terms). But they all get translated to something that
looks like assembly before being executed, so if you are familiar with that
you can have a good idea how everything else is constructed, at least in
principle. ;-)

HTH, :-)
Marko

I came to the conclusion to go for C (over bash or Python) and I hope it would be good...?

--

Regards,
Parshwa Murdia