Re: Linux Format mag. article F14 vs ubuntu

On Sat, Dec 11, 2010 at 1:47 PM, Patrick O'Callaghan
<pocallaghan@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Fri, 2010-12-10 at 14:14 -0500, Jesse Palser wrote:

>> I use Ubuntu 10.10 32bit Linux.
>> Tried F14 and was very disappointed.
>
> That's not a useful comment unless you explain what you didn't like.

I'm running both Fedora and Ubuntu, right now, at this very second, on
the same computer.  There's an instance of XP running, too.  God bless
vmware and I hope fedora gets its own virtualization act together one
of these days.  I'm a little confused as to which OS is using which
ethernet card to do what, but no matter.

I don't know if it's a pattern or not, but I'm running Ubuntu because
packages that are very interesting to me appear more often first on
Ubuntu as a part of the distribution than they do on Fedora.

Did I mention that I have a lot of system administration to do?   Even
though the packages I'm using on Ubuntu are aimed at *really* savvy
people, these savvy people want to use their savvy getting things
done, not showing that they can keep up with Fedora studs.

These are not typical clueless "desktop" users.  The same users might
well be using CentOS or Fedora or RHEL on a huge cluster, but, when
they do, there's a gearhead to take care of all the really cool stuff
that Linux studs love to obsess over.

Robert.