Re: Boot Messages

On Sun, 2010-12-12 at 09:54 +1300, Fred Zinsli wrote:
> Thanks for the comment, although it has raised more questions for me.
>
> I haven't added any new hardware, unless you count the fact that I did
> connect my new phone to charge it. and I connected my USB bluetooth dongle
> to transfer data to it. I removed the dongle after the file transfer.
>
> Now it is silly question time. Remembering that I know nothing of linux in
> general. I only went to fedora because I hated the fact that my windowz
> machine would always crash, and MS uses the world as its beta site.
>
> How do I find/locate what the hardware is that is causing the problem?
> How do I submit a bug report, and how do I know what that report should be
> in reference to (what am I reporting)?
>
> How can I change what FC13 boots to by default. IE. If I select any other
> open than the first (top) option at startup (F8) the system runs.

Make sure you have nothing connected to it that is extra, such as phone
or anything.  And then try a normal reboot and see what happens?  Have
you updated lately and did you have any problems when doing so?  Are you
fully updated now?  Wonder if udev got corrupted somehow?  Maybe a
reinstall of udev itself might fix it, but as last resort.

Go to google and try to post few of the errors and see what pops up.

Mike