Re: what do livesys and livesys_late services do?

On Sat, 11 Dec 2010 09:55:13 -0600
Ranjan Maitra <maitra@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I am making sure that the services that are running on fedora are
> needed. So, I was wondering what the following services did:
>
> livesys
> livesys_late
>
> They are both enabled. Are these follow-ups of the installation from
> a live cv? Can I disable them at all run levels?

If you don't get an answer that answers the question definitively,
try stopping them while you are running.  If you see problems, turn
them on again.  If not, turn them off.

service livesys stop

I don't have them on my non live CD installed system, so I suspect you
are right; they aren't necessary.