kde slow to start after a crash

Dear Linuxers,
I've a quite frustrating problem, it is the second time that my PC
freezes and after resetting the PC KDE starts very slowly (it is taking
more or less 20 minutes to be fully loaded and responsive) and reboot
doesn't help.

The first time I have solved by canceling all the configuration files of
KDE (both .kde and .kderc) and reconfiguring the whole thing. This is an
experience that I'd prefer to avoid.

Any idea about how to solve the issue?

My system is FC13 up to date with KDE 4.5.3, nvidia card and kernel
2.6.34.7-63. I can provide any piece of log if you address me to what to
look for.

Thanks for the help

Walter

--
Walter Cazzola, PhD - Associate Professor, DICo, University of Milano
E-mail: cazzola@xxxxxxxxxxxxx  Ph.: +39 02 503 16300  Fax: +39 02 503 16253