Re: Fedora and window Xp dual boot

On 12/09/2010 11:15 AM, David Liguori wrote:
> This all assumes you install Windows first, Fedora second. I've never
> tried the other way around but expect it would be difficult.

I've seen a number of threads on this on fedoraforum.org.  No Windows
installer acknowledges the existence of a non-Microsoft OS and always
overwrites your boot sector with its own code.  You need to use a
LiveCD, or an installation disc in rescue mode to re-install Grub, then
edit /boot/grub/grub.conf (or, use one of the various links to it if you
prefer, but it's all the same file) to add an option for Windows.
Windows first, Linux second is by far the easiest way to go.