Re: command wvdial not found

On Tue, Dec 7, 2010 at 2:04 PM, Adil Adil <adil.drissi@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The problem now is that even yum does not work properly. Does it nead an internet connection to work properly?
>
> because once i'm in fedora i'm not connected to internet.

yum needs an internet connection to download the packages for you. I
think what you have to do is download the packages you want manually
from the repos using some other computer with an internet connection.
Then you can install with yum using,

$ yum install /path/to/rpm/*.rpm

But the difficult part is, you would need to figure out and download
all the dependencies for your package yourself. I think the easiest
solution for you is to go to some cafe/shop with free wifi (Starbucks,
McDonalds or their equivalent in your country) and use the wifi to
install your package with yum. Or you could connect using ethernet.
Either way, getting connected to the internet somehow is the solution.

GL

--
Suvayu