Re: F14: can't get java running

On Mon, Dec 6, 2010 at 2:30 PM, Tony Camuso <tcamuso@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> Did you get an SELinux alert or warning ?
>
> No SELinux warnings.
>
>> (Do you have SELinux enabled?)
>
> Yes, SELinux is enabled.
>
> Should I try setting it to Permissive or Disabling it?

SELinux may or may not be the problem.
Quit Firefox, run the following and relaunch Firefox:

# chcon -t execmem_exec_t /usr/lib/firefox-3.6/firefox

I'm pretty sure I needed this when installing Sun Java, however I did
see the alerts for this.  I don't know if is still needed or if the
selinux-policy has been changed to accommodate this.

--
Mauriat Miranda
http://www.mjmwired.net/linux