Re: ntpdate

On Fri, Nov 19, 2010 at 1:31 PM, Joe Zeff <joe@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 11/19/2010 11:18 AM, Patrick Dupre wrote:
>> Hello,
>> With the last versions of fedora, if I am correct, it is recommanded
>> to run NetworkManager and not anymore network.
>> So during the boot I used to make a ntpdate on a server which
>> is not anymore available because there is not network.
>> Do you just recommand to not run ntpdate during the boot or there
>> is other alternatives ?
>
> Do what I always do: disable NetworkManager and use network.  I've never
> had anything but trouble from NetworkManager; recently, it somehow
> activated itself and decided to blank out my DNS numbers every time I
> rebooted.  The issue only went away when I disabled it again.

Tom beat me too it but, yes, ntpdate has been depreciated[1] for quite
some time and now apparently is no longer available for F14.

Once you login open the NetworkManager options and make the connection
"available at system startup" or something like that. I'm at work so
I'm recalling this from memory.

Richard

[1] http://forums.fedoraforum.org/archive/index.php/t-11466.html