Re: Fedora 14 install

On Thu, 2010-11-11 at 01:27 -0500, Ian Goldstein wrote:
> Hello,
>

> I am having problems installing Fedora 14.
>

> I am reasonably new to Linux and decided to start running Linux on my
> home PC.  It was a great learning experience working with Windows 7
> Boot manager.
>
> When I installed Fedora, I was asked to select some software.  Each
> option I selected indicated a network connection was required.  I
> assume that was to use YUM to install updated packages.
>
> Anyway, I  had no network connection.  I use a Wireless Linksys
> WMP300N.  This uses the Broadcom BCM4321 chip set ( as seen from lspci
> -nn).

This is a catch 22. The installation script is not able to create a
wireless network connection. It is better to do the install with plug-in
connection. Then go to wireless after you install. Otherwise don't
select software until you have a minimum system installed. Another
approach is to do the initial install using a F14 Live CD.

If someone knows how to install a DVD using wireless I would be
interested in hearing about it,