Re: problem with fc 13 and hplip

On Mon, 01 Nov 2010 11:02 +0000, "Tim Waugh" <twaugh@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sun, 2010-10-31 at 23:34 -0400, Barry wrote:
> > I set up FC 13 as a guest on a KVM host, and I installed the latest
> > HPLIP from the sourceforge site. (The fedora rpm hadn't worked at all.)
>
> OK, that needs some more explanation. :-)
>
> What's wrong with the Fedora RPM?
>
> Tim.
> */
>
> --

I followed Manuel's suggestion, uninstalled the HPLIP that I had, and
reinstalled the hplip rpms. And I end up in the same situation. I can
print very simple files, local text files, pdfs and a simple web page on
the host machine. I cannot print a web page of any complexity from
Firefox. I plugged the printer into the host machine, installed the
printer, and it prints fine from the host. I was able to install the
printer on the guest, and print a test page, but cannot print from
Firefox. Otherwise networking is fine on the guest.

Tim, I might have misspoke when I maligned the rpms. My bad. When I
first set up this system, I installed the Fedora rpms and when I tried
to print a web page, I got nothing from the printer, and nothing when I
printed to a file (well, a little of either the ps or pdf headers but no
content). I don't remember exactly, but I probably didn't experiment
much but tried the HP version of the driver.

When I installed the HPLIP from HP, I ended up in exactly the same
situation. Nothing when trying to print a typical web page from Firefox,
although oddly I could print a very simple web file served up by the
host machine -- I haven't found a file from over the web that will
print. Maybe it's a Firefox issue.

When I try to print, I get a message saying the file was successfully
sent to server. On the server there appears to be nothing pending.

  http://www.fastmail.fm/docs/quotes.html