Re: New install

On Sat, Oct 23, 2010 at 4:54 PM, Patrick Dupre <pd520@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I just installed on a machine fedora13 and I do face a couple of
> small problems. They may be related together.
>
> The NetworkManager does not seem to be running while the service seems
> running OK (enabled and running)
> I have to do /etc/init.d/NetworkManager restart
> and then to start the network.

If you are running both NetworkManager as well as network then you
will have problems - either run "network" and switch off
NetworkManager, or run NetworkManager and switch off "network" - you
can't have them running at the same time without problems.

> When I start in text mode (initscript=3) and I log as a user, it does
> no log in the home directory.
> It even says: no directory /home/pdupre
> while it does exist
> I have to manually do
> cd $HOME
> while the /etc/passwd seems OK
> pdupre:x:500:500:Patrick:/home/pdupre:/bin/bash
> id:
> uid=500(pdupre) gid=500(pdupre) groups=500(pdupre)
> context=unconfined_u:unconfined_r:unconfined_t:s0-s0:c0.c1023
>
> Then, when I start the x session (startx), I get:
>  xauth: timeout inlocking authority file /home/pdupre/.serverauth:16556
>
> Some ideas ?

How did you create the pdupre user ? Was it created at firstboot after
the install or did you do it some other way?

--
mike c