Re: Video drivers on a MacBook Pro 5,2

On Fri, Oct 22, 2010 at 7:37 PM, Henrik Frisk <frisk.h@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Should anyone have a better suggestion, please let me know.

Not sure, but maybe nouveau is also still being loaded? Do you still
get the full resolution, pretty slash on boot up?

You shouldn't, once you install nvidia, blacklist nouveau (done
automatically) and rebuild your initramfs. In fact, I think installing
the nvidia driver now also adds a blacklist option to the kernel line
in grub, as well as adding /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist-nouveau.conf

Everytime you boot, it starts the "nvidia" service, which enables
nvidia by checking/creating a new xorg.conf for you.

If you install the nvidia driver when you already have an xorg.conf in
place, this fails. That's why I suggested you move it out of the way
first.

Maybe you can also check to see that you have 3D working?

glxinfo |grep -i nvidia

-c