Re: Which package you would like every new Fedora user to see?

2010/10/19 Manuel Escudero <Jmlevick@xxxxxxxxx>

2010/10/16 stan <gryt2@xxxxx>

On Sat, 16 Oct 2010 18:48:28 +0200
Valent Turkovic <valent.turkovic@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Audio and video codecs including flash are preinstalled. We are going
> the path of Linux Mint to make user experience best as possible right
> out of the box, and for not that means also including few non-open
> components. As soon as they become redundant we will drop them for
> open source ones. But unfortunately for now there must be few
> proprietary pieces in order to make linux destop usable for non geeks
> and non developers ie. regular users.

I did a search a few years ago, and I think the patents on mpeg
start to expire next year and continue to expire in dribs and drabs
over the next few years. I suspect that is part of the reason for the
new proprietary video standard being proposed for html5. ;-)

So you should be home free in a couple of years.

I'm going to give my two cents to this project of Fusion Linux:

MANDATORY PACKAGES FOR EVERY NEW LINUX USER:

- audacious

- cheese

- kmess

- pidgin

- gimp

- gparted

- kscd

- sound-juicer

- xchat

- kget

- kdenlive

- k3b

- banshee

- xsane

- vlc

Hope you can add this list to your remix :D Good Luck!!

--
<-Manuel Escudero->
Linux User #509052

Oh! and I forgot: Skype and Firefox :)