Re: authentication issues in system settings

On 10/19/2010 8:17 AM, Craig White wrote:
> since you've been a member of both fedora-user and fedora-test lists you
> surely learned that questions about 'pre-release' versions are
> appropriate on the test list.

I already spoke to your above comments - you chose to ignore me, or you
disagree - that's fine - if you choose to pursue this line of
argumentation, I'll just ignore you

> Yes, system-settings-whatever is less than perfect at many places and
> personally, I would never use it to configure samba. All of the GUI
> tools for Samba simply suck and that includes the 'swat' tool from
> Samba. Samba has so many configuration options that it would be a
> massive undertaking to create a GUI configuration editor that actually
> worked.
I don't really care about your views on the samba GUI's - I know that
you have considerable expertise with Samba, but, my needs are quite
simple - I share one folder on my machine, on our home network - the
Samba GUI works just fine for this.
There's been much noise about this simple request of mine, but not much
useful comment or help - does anyone know how the systemsettings program
determines which settings GUIs need to be run in root mode and how the
prompt to enter the root password is invoked?

--
Claude Jones
Brunswick, MD, USA