Re: missing libcrypto.so.6

  On 10/15/2010 04:53 PM, Mirko Jankovic wrote:
> Actualy it is not old program, It is Maya 2011 so new one, on Fedora
> 13 x64
> I'm gona try couple of those things, I;ve already try some but there
> are few tricks that I didn't know about so I'm gonna try them now.
> Thank you!

Apparently, you have a binary only which was compiled with an old version
of openssl.

You could download
http://archives.fedoraproject.org/pub/archive/fedora/linux/releases/8/Fedora/i386/os/Packages/openssl-0.9.8b-17.fc8.i386.rpm

but it will have far reaching impact due to dependencies which would
really mess up your F13 installation.

You could do a couple of things:

1. Trick Maya by creating a symlink in /lib as follows:
     cd /lib
     sudo ln -s libcrypto.so.1.0.0a libcrypto.so.6
and then run Maya

If Maya does not buy it especially if it checks for it using some config
tool or
looks inside it to see if it is the right version, then you can resort to

2. extracting the lib out of the rpm package:
rpm2tgz openssl-0.9.8b-17.fc8.i386.rpm

Create an empty dir.
tar -C EmptyDirName -zxpf openssl-0.9.8b-17.fc8.i386.tgz
cd EmptyDirName/lib

tar cf - libssl.so.6 libssl.so.0.9.8b libcrypto.so.0.9.8b libcrypto.so.6
| sudo tar -C /lib -xpf -

This will at least let Maya link with libcrypto.so.6
but it is likely that libcrypto.so.6 itself will try to look for and link
with an older version of yet another library and not find it,
which puts you back in square one.

Even if it did work, it could very well expose you to a security risk in
openssl
that has been fixed in current F13 version.

This openssl package depends on:

libk5crypto.so.3
libdl.so.2(GLIBC_2.0)
libdl.so.2