Re: How to change console font in grub2?

On Friday, October 15, 2010 02:29:56 pm Dean S. Messing wrote:
> On  Mon, 11 Oct 2010 19:57:02 -0500, Dennis Gilmore wrote:
> > <snip>
> > any reason you did not use grub2 that is in fedora?
>
> Yes.  Read this:
>
>   http://blog.fpmurphy.com/2010/06/upgrading-fedora-13-to-grub2.html

I find no valid argument in that page for not using the fedora packages.
building from source as you do means you lose the ability to verify whats
installed on your system.  there is zero reason why you cant install grub2 as
the only bootloader using the fedora rpms  you just need to run "grub2-install
/dev/sda" for instance  and going off and doing something random on your own
means that others can not benefit from your efforts.  grub2 could be a viabl
option for fedora  but it still needs a lot of work.  the path to it being the
default resides in more usage testing and bug fixing in fedora.

Dennis