Re: Copy and paste in Terminal

On 10/13/2010 11:00 PM, JD wrote:

> I have been copying and pasting as I described above
> ever since the first X release on BSD.
> No control-shift-v and no control-shift-c .
> Just hightlight with left button and paste with middle
> button. No fuss and no mess :) :)

And you are missing the point.  There are two separate processes.  One
of them copy/pastes to the system wide copy/paste "buffer", is the same
as EDIT/copy and EDIT/paste in most menus, and can be bound to
keystrokes or either c-c and c-v or similar.  The other is done by just
highlighting text with the mouse.  You are describing the 2nd process.
I was showing you that the 2 processes are separate and different.  The
OP was claiming that the 2nd process no longer worked for him (but I'm
unsure on what version of Fedora he is running), but that using the
copy/paste commands (not mouse clicks) worked for him, but he wanted the
mouse stiff to work for him again....

--
Kevin J. Cummings
kjchome@xxxxxxx