Re: How to get f 12 -- *t*w*e*l*v*e*, twelve???

On Tue, 05 Oct 2010 14:58:31 -0700, Rick Stevens wrote:
	[...]
> I don't know what your issues with F13 are.  It works well on all of my
> machines--some of which are fairly esoteric.  I did have some issues if
> I upgraded to F13 instead of doing a fresh install.

	It's one of those fuzzy boundary things, almost certainly at
least 99 44/100% my error -- and not reproducible (nor deducible, despite
having occurred three times, alas!).

	I've asked repeatedly, in several places, starting here on this
list: no response. I tried both the LUGs I follow; nobody on either had
seen it. If it was (or is) on Gnome's on RedHat's bugzilla, I missed it.

	Concluding it was some aberration of mine, I started trying
things, especially "yum update" and "yum remove" followed (after taking
note of other things being removed) by "yum install."

	Last of all, as I mentioned in my first post, I tried preupgrade.
So now I propose to wipe the offending machines, or at least tell
anaconda to use all space -- and start over with F 12, which has never
had the problem, reconfigure it, and try preupgrade again (or else a
fresh install of F 14 next month).

	On an affected machine the most conspicuous symptom (to me, at
least) is that I can't use the workspace switcher.

> If you must feel you have to fetch F12 and reinstall, here's one mirror
> of the CD and DVD ISO images:
>
> 	http://mirrors.kernel.org/fedora/releases/12/Fedora/x86_64/iso/
> 	http://mirrors.kernel.org/fedora/releases/12/Fedora/i386/iso/
>
> Just wget whatever ISOs you need.  Updates should be available at all
> the mirror sites still (until F12 goes EOL), but if you need one spot:
>
> 	http://mirrors.kernel.org/fedora/updates/12/x86_64/
> 	http://mirrors.kernel.org/fedora/updates/12/i386/
>
> F12 will go EOL pretty soon, so you really should sort this out.

	My heartfelt thanks to all! I've downloaded F12 from two of the
sources posted here, and am burning DVDs as I type.