Re: disable desktop background in fedora 13 (LXDE)

Am Donnerstag, den 26.08.2010, 22:18 -0500 schrieb Ranjan Maitra:
> On Thu, 26 Aug 2010 14:03:14 -0500 Yorvyk
> <yorvik.ubunto@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 26 Aug 2010 07:50:45 -0500
> > Ranjan Maitra <maitra@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

This is due to the changes in pcmanfm.

> > > Thanks, John! In my case, there is a drop down menu. I chose a file that is not a jpg
> > > and now get a black background. However, I can not get xplanet running
> > > in the background to show up. Any ideas?

Edit /etc/xdg/lxsession/LXDE/autostart and change the line that reads

@pcmanfm --desktop --profile lxde

@pcmanfm --d --profile lxde

or remove it completely. Instead add a line for xplanet

@xplanet

Commands prefixed with @ will be restarted by lxsession if they crash.

You also need to apply the same changes in
~/.config/lxsession/LXDE/autostart if you have customized your session
settings. (This is a bug, it should be sufficient to edit only the
latter file).

> > > Where should a bug report be submitted? Fedora? Or LXDE?

The bug that per-user autostart is overwritten by the global autostart
file is already known and will be fixed in the next release of
lxsession. The rest is no bug but simply a change in the behavior. You
might want to file a bug for getting back the old behavior of pcmanfm
where one could enable desktop icons independently from the wallpaper.
Please use the feature request tracker (!) of pcmanfm at

Last bug not least I suggest to ask this question on the Fedora LXDE
mailing list [1]. The list is very low traffic and I wouldn't have
missed your mail.

Regards,
Christoph