Re: a sound problem

On Mon, 4 Oct 2010 01:14:24 +0800 (CST)
猫行天下 <llz916148@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> er....some thing shamed me...the problem I have described seemd not
> so correct,today when i logging in the console(tty),
> as usual, the music is off. changed to the gnome,as usual,no change.
> but then i logout the console and changes into the gnome,
>  the music *returns*.so,my question is, how can i change the settings
> to let the music played even if i switched into the console(and
> logged in).

Are you logging in as the same user in both console and Gnome?  If you
are not, that is the problem.  Pulseaudio restricts access to the sound
device to a single user in its default configuration (the first user
to log in). There have been discussions (quite heated) about this on the
pulseaudio mailing list, as there are people that think it should be
shared by any users who log on.

This is considered a security issue by the pulseaudio devs and so they
don't want to (won't) do it.  It can be worked around by using
pulseaudio in server mode, though it isn't foolproof from what I can
understand from those discussions.

>  i know the wrong description is wasting our time..so sorry to
> everyone . especially Stan.

A minor infraction, three lashes with an egg noodle. ;-)