Re: a sound problem

On Sun, 3 Oct 2010 14:59:24 +0800 (CST)
猫行天下 <llz916148@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,everyone,
>
>      I'm not sure why this happens, but the problem is when I'm in
> the GUI(Gnome),the sound works pretty good. And if I play a music and
> change to the console, while Login into the system,the sound is also
> works good. But when  I first changed into the console and Login
> before there is any music playing(after boot), I can't sound it.
>
>      How can I deal with this problem? Thanks for any thoughts on
> this.

So, if you play music at all in X, through Gnome, music works
everywhere after that, but if you don't play it first in X, through
Gnome, it cannot be initiated in a console?

I wonder if somehow your system has become configured so that Gnome is
the gatekeeper for pulseaudio, instead of using pulseaudio directly.
My understanding is that pulseaudio itself is agnostic for how you log
in, it only requires that you be logged in.  I'm not familiar enough
with the ins and outs to help you beyond this (you did say any
thoughts :-) ). It might be helpful for others if you gave the version
of Fedora you are using, and maybe Gnome and Pulseaudio as well, though.

I suggest you also ask this question on the pulseaudio mailing list as
the pulseaudio maintainers are regulars there.

pulseaudio-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

You can  search the archives for the pulseaudio mail list at
http://www.gmane.org.  Do a search for pulseaudio to bring it up.

You can sign up at

https://tango.0pointer.de/mailman/options/pulseaudio-discuss/