Re: Installing F14 Beta

On Sat, 2010-10-02 at 19:43 -0700, James McKenzie wrote:
> On 10/2/10 7:01 PM, Craig White wrote:
> > On Sat, 2010-10-02 at 17:58 -0700, JD wrote:
> >> Tried to upgrade to F14 Beta.
> >> When I got to the stage where the user is presented
> >> with a screen, that is vertically split in the middle.
> >> On the left are storage partitions that will be mounted
> >> and on the right (labeled for installation targets) is empty.
> >> in the vertical centre bar there is a large>  sign
> >> and beneath it  is a large<  sign.
> >> So, I selected the disk that will be the target of the installation
> >> (actually, upgrade), click the>  sign and that disk then
> >> appeared on the right half of the screen and selected.
> >> I then clicked next
> >>
> >> Anaconda got stuck there for a long time. Even the disk activity LED
> >> went quiescent. So I rebooted.
> >>
> >> Anyone experience this?
> > ----
> > upgrades take a long time
> >
> > there is a fedora-test list for questions about pre-release versions and
> > your question would be on-topic there but is off-topic here.
> >
> Why is this 'off-topic' here?
>
> This is what I would consider a reasonable concern as the OP is worried
> that this will happen with the final release.  I'm interested as I have
> to go to an Internet Cafe to update my system and I would have to
> calculate how many beverages I would need to purchase before the upgrade
> is complete.  Yes, I do believe in giving them business while I'm using
> their service.  :)
----
Because there are many different test releases before a release goes
final and anyone interested in testing a release should be in contact
with the people who are involved in the test phase.

Many of the test release developers do not participate on this list (too
much traffic). At the point that it becomes an official release, then it
is appropriate here.

It has always been this way.

If you are interested in knowing more about the pre-release versions,
you can subscribe here...

You should count on 2-4 hours minimum for any Fedora upgrade - calculate
your beverages accordingly.

Craig

believed to be clean.