Re: SSH can't connect

Jim wrote:
>   On 10/02/2010 12:32 PM, Jim wrote:
>>    Wether I run NX (nomachine) or SSH I get the same error message, no
>> matter what host I try to connect to.
>>
>> And on the host servers SSHd is running.
>> And so is the Client box.
>>
>> Running  NX
>> Error message:   ssh: connect to host 70.236.39.98 port 22: Connection
>> timed out
>>
>> Running $ ssh jim@xxxxxxxxxxxx
>> ErrorMessage:    ssh: connect to host 70.236.39.98 port 22: Connection
>> timed out
>>
> I forgot to add;
>
> These are all FC13 boxes, clients and hosts and the Firewall in each box
> has SSH check as Trusted Service.

Try keeping a running
  tcpdump -i eth0 -n -n
in a different terminal before invoking ssh.

You should be able to see if packets are exchanged between the machines.
If you see your packets but no packet from the other machine, one of the
firewalls is interfering. You can sniff on the other side too for more
information.

   Roberto Ragusa    mail at robertoragusa.it