Re: Properly wiping a hard drive ?

Linux guy:

Ball peen hammer.

If you want some reasonable safety and want the drive intact, write to the entire drive seven or more times with varying data patterns.  NSA produces a product called Secure Wipe, I don't know if you can get to it.

Also, there was a recent lengthy conversation on just this topic here within the last month.

James McKenzie