Re: yum check for deltas?

On Friday October 8 2010 21:04:10 Jonathan Dieter wrote:
> On Fri, 2010-10-08 at 19:09 +0100, Frank Murphy wrote:
> > The best place files an RFE, for stuff in your wish list:
> > http://yum.baseurl.org/
> >
> > They have a mailing list and roadmap.
>
> Yum-presto isn't currently part of yum.  It's a plugin.  If you want to
> file an RFE, either use
> https://fedorahosted.org/presto/
>
> or file a bug in bugzilla against the yum-presto component.
>
> Patches always welcome.

Hello, Jonathan
I am going to try and write a perl script to do that.
the way I think is like that.
1) yum check-update > packages_list
2) check for drpm's in the drpm subdirectory of the mirror
I have a problem in this stage as I don't know from where to get the info
where the update came from, I can check my local mirror but I can not be sure
that the update is coming from there.
3) yum update the packages that a drpm file found for.

It should not be hard though I haven't started yet.

at the moment I have no updates (already updated)  so it;s hard to play and do
it.

Regards,
YB.