Re: dhcp server setup: client doesn't accept DHCPOFFER

2010/10/4 Jatin K <ssh.fedora@xxxxxxxxx>:
> On Monday 04 October 2010 03:42 PM, Hiisi wrote:

>>> still one thing can be there.... have you disabled the dhcp under
>>> virtual box network configuration manager ?? I think 2 dhcp server on
>>> the same network can be problematic some time
>>>

>> Sorry, I don't know how to do it. There's no such option in machine
>> configuration menu.
>>

> have a look at this[1]... may be this can help you my friend
>
> [1]  http://forums.virtualbox.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13373&start=0
>
> Warm Regards
>
> --
>   °v°
>  /(_)\
>   ^ ^  Jatin Khatri
> Registerd Linux user No #501175
> www.counter.li.org
> No M$

OK, the problem is solved now. I tested it on virtual machine because
of lack of real machine. Now my brother is at home with his windoze
laptop and everything works like a charm in current configuration. I
don't know what's wrong with virtual machine setup, but suspecting it
to be some problem with firewall blocking packets. Doesn't matter.
Thanks, Jatin. Appreciate your effort. And sorry for the noise, List!
All the best
--
Hiisi.
Spandex is a privilege, not a right.