Re: Seperate audio outputs for fedora- is this limited by my soundcard or the number of outputs on my motherboard?

On 2 October 2010 12:04, stan <gryt2@xxxxx> wrote:
> I think there are some very high end audio cards that have more than
> one processing pipeline, but I have never owned one.

I think the "very high end" comment is probably not true anymore. I
used to own an Intel HDA integrated chip couple of years back capable
of doing that (I primarily used Windows XP back then) . However the
driver support used to be rather patchy even on Windows, but it did
work. I think on supported hardware with today's linux systems a
combination of pulseaudio and ALSA can achieve that without much
hassle. (have to admit I haven't tried it yet)

--
Suvayu