Re: sound-level activated recording

On Friday 01 October 2010 01:33, Samuel Kidman wrote:

>the application I'm going to use it for is recording music.

I've used "sox" for recording LP's to disk from time to time.  It
works for the most part but you'll probably have to help it along
to split the album into tracks by lifting the needle from the
record surface with the lifting arm in order to meet the required
number of seconds of silence for the software trigger to take
effect since many albums have little or no silence between the
songs.

"man sox" has an example invocation for this type of recording. Take
a look at the parameter "silence".  You can define the threshold
and duration of the "silence".

Regards, Mike Klinke