Re: Video in a small window -

  On 25/09/10 23:35, Bill Davidsen wrote:
> Bob Goodwin wrote:
>>
>>       This computer runs F-13 and XFCE.
>>
>>       I have two "IP cameras" that provide video streams that I would like
>>       to make available in one corner of this wide screen monitor. I can
>>       view both cameras using either Firefox or VLC, I normally just click
>>       on an icon that brings up the desired camera in VLC but it would be
>>       convenient if I could elect to put a small image in one corner and
>>       keep it there when required, as when waiting for someone to come in
>>       the driveway, e.g.
>>
>>       Can anyone suggest a means of doing that?
>>
> I just drop the vlc to 1/4 size with the drop down menu (there's a shortcut,
> don't remember it offhand) and then drag and drop the window. I'm probably
> missing something, that's the way I watch TV (HDhomerun capture).

        Why didn't I think of that earlier? It's not precisely what I
        would like but it definitely works! It requires more
        manipulation than simply clicking on an icon but that's no
        different than a lot of stuff I do ...

        It reproduces the entire VLC window with all the trimmings, all
        I actually need is the video image, and oddly I can't reduce the
        window width smaller than a certain size, while vertically it
        can be closed down to nothing? It can be set as "always on top."
        Clicking on "full-screen" immediately switches to a 23" wide
        display of the video image only with a small tool bar at the
        bottom, a usable feature certainly.

        I had hoped to make it use a little less screen area than it
        does but this is certainly one solution to my problem.

        Thanks.

        Bob