Re: Ethernet Card Recommendations?

KC8LDO writes:

I'm looking at adding in a PCI Ethernet card to experiment with Ethernet bridging using the motherboard gigabit chipset with it. The motherboard chipset seems to be working OK and I would like a recommendation for an add in card that is known to work fine with Linux. A 10/100 or a 10/100/1000 card would be fine. I don't need anything fancy but it has to have a low profile bracket to fit in a Gateway or HP slimline case.

Pick one out, then Google it's name+"Linux".

For something as boring as a gigE PCI Ethernet card, I'd be shocked, just shocked, if you're able to find something that does NOT work. GigE ethernet is so mainline, no OEM in their right mind would release something funky. They'll be a worldwide laughing stock, if they do.