Re: System unresponsive during HDD activity

  On 09/17/2010 12:41 PM, Gilboa Davara wrote:
> Your SATA seems to be configured to work in IDE compatibility mode.

You were right, I found a mention of my chipset and a patch
(http://www.codon.org.uk/~mjg59/tmp/ahci_quirk_cleanup.diff)
After compiling the kernel with it, the chipset is now running with ahci
driver. That enabled NCQ and improved some fio benchmarks, but looks
like the lag during svn up is still present.
Still, some improvement is a good thing.