selective command history

Hi everyone,

I wanted to have different command history for my interactive bash
session and the history that is written in my bash_history file. Does
anyone have any idea how to achieve that?

My use case is, to be able to use up arrow or be able to search
through my history with C-r for all the commands I type. But I want to
ignore the trivial day to day use commands to be ignored when the
history is written to the history file. If I set HISTIGNORE the
ignored commands also disappear from the interactive command history,
but without it my shell history file gets cluttered with all these day
to day commands.

TIA

--
Suvayu