Re: Files named in Chinese characters couldn't display properly in Fedora 12

Thanks for reply.

1.  Where did the imported files come from?

Those files were copied from Windows XP through ssh.

2.  Are you certain that the file names are in UTF8 and not, for
example, GB2312?

Most of files are .doc or .xls. Do you know how to convert them to GB2312 ?

On Tue, Aug 31, 2010 at 9:02 AM, Ed Greshko <Ed.Greshko@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
 On 08/31/2010 08:57 AM, Quan Qiu wrote:
> I installed fedora 12 (English version) on a Dell R300 server, as well
> as SVN and Trac, after I imported files into Linux, all files named in
> Chinese became black squares or question marks when listing them, and
> there were additional strings "invalid encoding" attached after each
> filename. In addition, Chinese font in Firefox looks not pretty, some
> are big, and some are small.
>
> I installed cjkuni-fonts, cjkunifonts-uming fonts, and also setup
> locale to zh_CN.UTF8, but it didn't get me any luck.
>
> Could anyone help me with this? I appreciate any response.

I think my questions would be.....

--
Identify your visitor. 葛斯克 愛德華 / 台北市八德路四段